Sunday, 15 January 2017

Tell Me Yours

Tell me yours
No, tell me yours
Let's load each others' guns
Secret stuffed bullet chambers
Cocked and aimed 
At our naked truths
Who pulls first
Or do we get buried with the shells
Barrels against each others' temples
Just as we whisper the bullets into each others' ears
Tell me yours
No, tell me yours
Arm me with the bullet that will kiss your forehead 
And another that will slice through your torso
Trust me with your life
Let me carry the weight on my limp shoulders
Let me walk around hunched over 
Afraid to straighten up
For fearing the words will slide right off 
Dangle the temptation that will cause me to open my month
Present me with something my sweet tooth cannot resist
Corner me with no ultimatum 
Now tell me yours
I told you mine
So the click is the sound that awaits my eardrums
Or rather the last sound to penetrate yours
But I learnt how to dodge bullets
Because to me they never existed



Note: I know, I know. It's been a minute since I posted a poem. Well, here is the first one for 2017. Make of it what you will. Also, be on the lookout for more. Much Love Tanny xx