Friday, 5 August 2016

Made You Think 101: Light Bulb Moment

Gosh, it's August already.
The phrase "Time waits on no man" is really starting to stand out in my everyday routines.
I just keep noticing how the days go by so fast and we are over half way through the year already.
I have heard some people discussing Christmas, yes Christmassss! 
They say the older you get the more you notice just how quickly time is travelling.

But then again, I have had thoughts were I've imagined life without time. No clocks, nothing, just life. 
How chaotic would that be since as we are used to building our lives around time, but what if time doesn't even exist in the first place?
For instance…
They say you can tell that some people existed in a different life before being present on Earth, because of how they act. So when they are among us, born as babies, we automatically place a date and time on their lives. But who is to tell that the spirit within that new child isn't hundreds or even thousands of years old?
I mean, I think I'm going off on a tangent here, but it is things like this that gets my thoughts aroused and lead them to wander off into some strange things.

Anyways… That aside.

This week has been a rather eye opening one for me. You know when you have a "light bulb" moment, well I've have plenty of moments similar to those this week.

The first one was when I contributing into helping an elderly man get help from the police. He wanted to get back home but wasn't a 100% sure of his address, in fact he only knew it was off a particular road. He had no ID on him or anything. It was kind of chilly, so loaned him my jacket until we could get him help.
I tried to get a chair for him to sit down on but couldn't. We were standing in town and he could barely walk. He had to be propped up with shoulder. 
In the end, I had to walk to the police station to seek out help.
Nowadays, people walk pass others or film them when they are in need of help but I found myself spring into action. And I'm normally shy in personality but all that left me when I was trying to get this elderly man help.
You just have to look on situations like these and imagine that if that was your Grandma or Grandad, wouldn't you want someone to help out too?

I guess it wasn't really a light bulb moment but something of the sort. It was just a moment where I realised how big of a heart I have and how much compassion I have towards others in need. Even though I've always known that, but I shocked myself at how quickly I just sprung into action. 

My other moment. I will talk about in another post.

Note: Remember to be considerate. Do to others as you would like done to you. Much love, Tanny xx