Monday, 4 April 2016

Made You Think 101: Inspiration Vs Discouragement

Have you ever seen or came across something that inspired you, but discouraged you at the same time?
You might be thinking, what the heck am I talking about? 
So without further ado, let me explain…

Here's an example that I feel will explain or give you an idea of what I am talking about.

So, I hop onto Facebook, and I start scrolling. I see a few things that make me question humanity, I see others that make me tickle and then I see things that I love envy; these are mainly artwork or hair styles. 
The other day I was browsing and I seen some artwork that, discouraged me but inspired me at the same time. 


Taken from Google: 

Discouraged- having lost confidence or enthusiasm; disheartened.

Inspired- of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse.


These artworks made me lose confidence in my own ability but at the same time I instantly gained an impulse to want to create something as good or even better than what I saw.
I love these moments, because, although I am left questioning my ability, I also get the urge to go paint or draw and prove to myself that I can do it. Usually, I am reminded that I am blessed and have been blessed with multiple talents. But, it is also a reminder that I am not doing as much with the talents that I do have and perhaps it shines light on the lack of confidence I have in myself.

I love seeing what others create and the extraordinary things that gets poured out of people's souls onto canvasses or into words or any other art form. I just look on or listen in awe, thinking I wish I could do that and be as good.
Truth is, I don't even think I have found myself creatively yet. I love exploring different art forms and trying my hands at different things but I honestly don't feel as though I have pinnacled in any as of yet. I am still on the journey towards my pinnacle and I have no idea what is in store for me on that part, I just go with whatever my heart and gut feeling is.
I will be posting artwork on my sister blog T.TizzleMedia, so you can go check it out if you are interested, thanks.

To round up this post, I just want to say, sometimes we just need reminders of how awesome we are and what we can achieve. And even though they might knock our confidence in ourselves at times, that little discouragement may be the inspiration you need to realise your potential.
Well, that is my take on it anyways.

Note: Hi, hope you are all well and hope you all have a blessed week. Much love, Tanny. xx


Disclaimer
All content on this blog are the property of the author, TannyTizzle and may not be copied, reproduced, distributed or displayed without TannyTizzle's permission.

 All poetry registered with Copyright House