Wednesday, 23 March 2016

Made You Think 101: Call It Quits

When do you call it quits?

How many times do you have to fail before you say enough is enough?

Maybe I have touched on this topic a bit before but today the thought ran across my mind about how stubborn I am when it comes onto calling it quits, on people especially.
By nature, I tend to try and try again, as well all do, but even if I am hurting, I will keep going. If a small part of me has hope that something will change for the better, I will keep trying and trying.

There are many success stories that hold perserverance at the heart of their sucesses. 
So, does that ultimately mean that there is no limit as to when you can call it quits because we don't know if success is around the corner.
For example, we might choose to give up today, but if we had waited till tommorrow, success would be there awaiting us. Or would it?
It is a cycle. 
We tell ourselves that we can't give up, knowing that we have to cross path with success someday. But we have no idea when that day is. All we know is that we can't give up. So we keep going, working harder and harder, with no sign of success in sight.

So.... What do we hold on to?

We hold on to hope! The slight possibility that there has to be a better way.
We have faith in the belief that, maybe just one more try will do it.
And we keep going...

But... When do you call it quits?

My secret is, I never call it quits. I might stop trying a little, or maybe even a lot but these situations are stored away somewhere within me. And maybe even after years of not trying, especially with people, I might just drop them a casual 'Hi'. 
Or if it is a task of some kind, I'll leave it for a bit then revisit it.
If people or situations tug at your heart and you seem to not be going anywhere with them, maybe you are not meant to at this moment in time. But they were just introduced to you to teach you something and will be re-inroduced back when you have learnt that lesson completely.
Maybe? It's just a thought, but who knows?...

However, when facing the decision to call it quits or persevere on...

First, ask yourself...
How bad do you want it?
How hard are you willing to work for it?
How will you benefit from it?
And how passionate are you about it?

Then maybe you can start to gage when enough is enough, if ever.

Note: Hope you are all doing well? Thanks for sticking with me. Much love. Tanny xx


Disclaimer
All content on this blog are the property of the author, TannyTizzle and may not be copied, reproduced, distributed or displayed without TannyTizzle's permission.

 All poetry registered with Copyright House