Sunday, 6 March 2016

Happy Mother's Day

Here in the UK, today we are celebrating Mother's Day. So, this is to all the mothers out there.
I would like to wish you all a blessed day.

Being a mother is not an easy task and although I haven't got any children of my own, my mother didn't shy away from telling her children how much of a struggle she went through. Making sure we were fed, clothed, had a roof over our heads and never missed a day from school. Sometimes it brings tears to my eyes but my heart is overflowing with love for my mother. There is honestly nothing like a mother's love. 

The day mothers find out that they have a child growing inside of them, that is the day many mothers make the decision to protect that child with her life. Unfortunately, not all mothers make this choice, as that child could be there for varying reasons.
But whatever the reason, mothers should always protect their offsprings with their all. Guard them and nurture them to grow up to take their spot in society. 

To those mothers who have taken on the role of mothers to children who aren't your own, I would like to also celebrate you. To love and care for children as though they are your own is such a beautiful thing and I have the upmost respect and love for all those who are fostering. Every child needs trusting, loving and caring arms to run to. 
I also salute all those who are playing double roles, fathers who are having to be mothers as well. All that matters is that your child grows up to be the best they can be. 

On the flip side, it is said that on Mother's Day, mothers should be celebrating their children as they are the reason why they have the title of a mother. 
I found that statement quite funny, because even though it is true, mothers made the choice to go through all that they did for their children to be here today. So, I celebrate all of you proud mothers, father/mothers, foster mothers, grandparent/mothers and step-mothers out there.
 
From me to you, Happy Mother's Day!

Note: Hope you are all doing well. Much love. Tanny xx



Disclaimer
All content on this blog are the property of the author, TannyTizzle and may not be copied, reproduced, distributed or displayed without TannyTizzle's permission.

 All poetry registered with Copyright House