Tuesday, 23 February 2016

Regain©

You frustrate me because it is evident that feelings are still there
You're trying so hard to hide what's so clear
I know I've caused you hurt but believe it wasn't by intention
I was too wrapped up to realise and was focused in a different direction 
I couldn't appreciate how you felt for me
I couldn't give you back what you were giving to me
I was blind and paid the price of giving the wrong attention
To someone who was just playing with emotions
Forgive me, please, not because you want to
But because I need to forgive myself too
I mistreated your loyalty
Overlooked your honesty
And looked way passed you
Didn't really acknowledge you 
But you've showed me nothing but admiration
And I didn't know how to respond
Now matters of the heart is a sensitive area
I pushed you away but now let me draw you nearer
I apologise for causing you hurt or pain
Maybe things wont go back to the same
But your trust I would like to regain
And maybe, just maybe, we could even be more than we are now again! 

Note: Dedicated to you! Much love. Tanny x

Disclaimer
All content on this blog are the property of the author, TannyTizzle and may not be copied, reproduced, distributed or displayed without TannyTizzle's permission.

 All poetry registered with Copyright House