Thursday, 11 February 2016

Made You Think 101: Will You Be Buried With Your Money?

If you were freely given £1million, what would you do with it?

Money is everything… literally!

Without money it, it's hard to survive in this consumerist world.
Amongst young minds it is hard to find someone who will tell you, "I don't want to be rich!", because that is what most young people nowadays aspire to be. They aspire to look a certain way and live a certain lifestyle and to allow that to happen, well, they think they have to be rich.
I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with aspiring to have a well-off lifestyle, but it's the 'whys' that I find interesting.
If someone tells you that they want to be rich… ask them why? Nine times of of ten, the reasons will be based on or linked to something materialist. Things that won't make it to the grave with them. 

Excuse me for being a bit forward with this post, but I'm just putting it out there. Take from it what you will.

I've always wanted to be wealthy enough to provide for my family, to live comfortably, not flashy, just comfortable. 
The more I research, read and understand the sort of world I am living in, the less I want money to be the centre of my life; not that I ever wanted that. But, unfortunately for me, that is the case at this moment in time. 
One of my Aims & Aspirations, as stated in a previous post was to travel and explore more but yet again money is a barrier.

We are all slaves to the workings of the world, trying to make the most of life in whichever way possible. We are all trying to live the way that we dreamt of or certainly working towards it.
There is nothing wrong with that, after all dreams are meant to be chased. 

But, if someone were to freely hand you £1million, what would you do with it?

And why?

I bet, if I didn't mention anything about working towards your dreams, it would be the last thing you'd think of funding. 

I have a good/bad habit, depending on the situation, of putting people first, mainly those who mean a lot to me. So if, I was freely handed £1million, my very first thought would be to make sure my family is good. Anything of materialist value would come last on my list. 

I understand that for some people, they are comfortable where they are right now and may not wish anything to change, as some of you are already living your dreams. In that case, would you upgrade your dream, would you squander it or would you invest it?
Some people would spend it creating memories that will last a lifetime and having the time of their lives in doing so.

But, what value do you give money in your life?  

Whatever you choose to do with the money that you earn or if a £1million was freely handed to you, just remember that it cannot be buried with you. So don't lose yourself in the money chase that you forget to live, forget to breathe and even forget how to be still. Just some food for thought.

Note: So after checking my bank balance today, I decided to write a post about money. Hope you liked it. Much Love. Tanny xx