Tuesday, 28 May 2013

No Comparison Just DYFY

I have a bone to pick with some of you and I know this won't apply to the majority but there is a small minority that this post will try to speak out to. Now whether you take it in one ear and let it go out through the other that's entirely up to you.

Now, let the rant commence...

Okay, so a lot of people tend to compare themselves to others, measuring their success based on the success of others. What I mean by this is, some people see how successful others are, usually their peers and want the same amount of success.

Now, I'm not saying that you can't look up to others and use them as motivation to get to where you want in life. BUT!! The difference is a lot of people compare themselves to other people in hopes that they will turn out just like them, and if things aren't going right then they put themselves down.

I think this is where the problem lies. 

Comparing yourself is one thing, but suppose that person that you are comparing yourself to have only set goals based on what they know they can achieve and on the type of skills they have. But if you compare yourself to that, then you might be hindering your success in the sense that maybe you could achieve better. Yet you will not be able to see or reach your full potential if you use others as a marker of where you feel you can be. In other words you could be limiting yourself. This is why I always say; just follow your heart and your conscience. 

There is no point trying to imitate or duplicate someone else's life because we have all been given different paths. Some people might walk similar roads to others but end up in completely different places. Here comes my catch phrase or motto, whatever you what to call it... DYFY...

DYFY means Do You For You. Just live your life and don't try to copy others. At the end of the day, in living someone else's life you are losing sight of your own and in losing sight of your own life you are losing your identity and not fulfilling your purpose. You can't find yourself in someone else, so just be you.

If we were all created to be the same the world would know no difference. (I made that up, I think it make sense lol)

So, be Perfectly Different!….

And...

Celebrate your differences; accept your similarities and more importantly DYFY

Well, that's all I have to get off my chest now, so till next time. Think about it and act upon it if this does apply to you!

Note: I know it's fairly lengthy and I apologise for that. It's been a while since I've had a rant. Anyway, I hope you are all well and enjoying life. Keep your heads up. Love you all, Tanny xx.


Disclaimer
All content on this blog are the property of the author, TannyTizzle and may not be copied, reproduced, distributed or displayed without TannyTizzle's permission.

All works registered through Copyright House