Thursday, 23 February 2012

Patience©

Patience has been my best friend over the years
It’s an art I’ve learnt and continue to adhere
I turned to her many times in the midst of doubts
And I gained reassurance and the strength to hold out
When everyone was rushing to grow into men and women
I must admit I got caught up but broke free again
I fell in love with the idea of being independent
The idea of having my own, doing what I like, being indecent
I was tired of being polite and shy
I wanted my own wings so I could fly
Then I realised there’s no point in rushing
So I relished in the moments of life, it felt good, I was buzzing
Now I live by the day and pray for my future
I’ve acknowledged my strengths and my weaknesses I continue to nurture
And as for patience, I still hold her close
In hopes that she’ll stick with me till the end of these roads.

Note: This note might be a bit long so I'm just letting you know from now. Ok, so I keep being asked how I stay so calm in alot of situations that I should be panicking about and my answer to that is simple; I just don't really let things get to me. I'd like to think that I am a very calm person, unless provoked and there's no point kicking up a fuss and getting into a panic attack because that won't help you in any situation. Anyways that's all I want to say on that issue.
I wrote this poem because I'm a strong believer in patience and the fact that everything happens for a reason, just have faith, put your trust in the Lord and everything will come to you in time. That works for love, work, and just life itself, so remember just because you cannot visualise your future that doesn't mean that's a bad thing. Enjoy life, smile, cry, eat icecream and do what makes you happy and everything else will fall into place, so don't worry. Thanks for reading, love you all. Tanny xx


Disclaimer
All content on this blog are the property of the author, TannyTizzle and may not be copied, reproduced, distributed or displayed without TannyTizzle's permission.

All works registered through Copyright House