Friday, 3 June 2011

I Blame Me©

I thought I was doing the right thing
Following my mind instead of my heart
I thought I fell out of love with her
But the truth is, it was only the start
And I ran
I ran like the coward I am
I ran from what was real
From what was true
Because I found someone new
I thought it was love at first sight
But it turns out I wasn’t right
Thought she was perfect but it was a mistake
Everything about her was fake
That’s only because I left something so genuine
Someone who stood by me through thick and thin
But I just got up and left because I saw new excitement
No wonder I’m in so much bewilderment?
For weeks I battled with myself
Trying to deny exactly how I felt
I kept on telling myself I wasn’t in love with her
But I couldn’t forget the times I spent with her
I missed our little arguments
And how she would storm off angry in the end
How could I have been so foolish?
To me, she wouldn’t have done this
But I guess I’m just selfish
I thought an apology would have sufficed
For the way I made her cry
I thought she would have had me back
But I only had one chance and I lost
I can’t say I blame her, I did her wrong
And because of that, I lost a beautiful black woman.

Note: No i haven't gone over to the other side, this poem's done in a male's perspective. I'm sure i've done a few like these before. Anyways i hope you liked it and thanks for reading :D Tannyy x


Disclaimer
All content on this blog are the property of the author, TannyTizzle and may not be copied, reproduced, distributed or displayed without TannyTizzle's permission.

All works registered through Copyright House